Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
For the Chili:
- 1 butternut squash approx 1 1/2 lbs, peeled, cut into half inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper (or green bell), diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings:
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Place all chili ingredients in the slow cooker, mix.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until butternut squash is tender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.