At the beginning of Covid I ate waayyy too much. Chips, brownies, buns, desserts of all kinds. I felt horrible. I knew that I had to make a change and have something healthier to eat when I felt a snack attack coming on.
I decided to make hummus from scratch and have various veggies prepped and ready to eat. The hummus is amazing with a nice lemon taste. My veggies are kept in Tupperware “FridgeSmart” bowls. These are amazing at keeping your veggies fresh for much longer than regular containers. Enjoy!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 – 19oz can chickpeas
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (or the juice of one lemon)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Lemon zest (optional – I really like this – I use the zest of one whole lemon)
- 5-7 pieces of banana pepper or jalapeno can be added (optional – I really like this)
- Add water as needed for consistency
- Process in blender until creamy (just add sufficient water)
- Let sit in fridge for 1+ hours for the flavors to combine properly