This recipe is dear to me because it was part of the first meal my husband (then boyfriend) cooked for me. It’s an easy to make rice dish with lots of flavor. It complements any protein you want to have with it (we had chicken). Enjoy!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 ¾ cups canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili sauce (optional)
- 2 ½ cups cooked rice
- 1 cup diced cheddar cheese (small cubes)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion, parsley and celery. Cook till soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and put in casserole
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.