- 4 cups shredded chicken (poach chicken in water, shred when still warm)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 small can diced green chilies or jalapenos (or to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mild or medium salsa
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400º
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, 1 cup cheese, green onions, sour cream, chilies and cumin.
- Pour 1 cup salsa into 8 inch pie pan.
- Lay one tortilla in salsa, coating one side lightly.
- Place tortilla, salsa side down in a greased round deep casserole.
- Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture on top of tortilla.
- Repeat with three tortillas coated in salsa and chicken mixture.
- Spread with 1/2 cup salsa.
- Continue layering tortillas and chicken mixture ending with tortilla.
- Top with any remaining salsa and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover, bake for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes; cut into wedges. Serve with additional salsa.