I generally have a smoothie everyday in the afternoon. It’s an easy way to get a solid amount of protein and a vessel for my newly added psyllium.
You can get creative with your smoothie. It’s fast and easy to prepare. I have a Ninja blender that makes the process very efficient.
- ½ -1 cup mixed frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- Water (1/2-1 cup) based on desired consistency
- 1 scoop whey protein powder* (approx. 25-30g)
- 1 scoop greens powder*
- ½ – 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp psyllium powder or husks
- ¼- ½ cup unflavored, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 of an avocado
*These are the products I’m currently using. I buy them at Costco.
- Add ingredients in the order above
- Do not put the powder in first – it will not blend well
- Blend till smooth
- Nut butter
- Ground flax or chia seeds