Lazy Man’s Cabbage Rolls
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1 lb beef + 1lb pork)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ – 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 ½ lbs chopped cabbage
- 1 can tomato sauce (29 ounce or 850ml)
- I used 2 cups stewed tomatoes and 2 cups freshly chopped, very ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat until redness is gone. Drain fat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, celery, cabbage, tomato sauce/tomatoes, rice and salt.
- Add meat and mix all together.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir, replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes.