Emergency Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square cake pan with vegetable oil.
- Whisk together: flour, sugar and baking soda in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cocoa and water till smooth. Then whisk in the mayonnaise and vanilla.
- Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 1-2 hours, then serve.