Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli:
- Cut into small bite-size pieces
- If using broccoli stems, use up to one cup only in the first part of cooking process
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook onion in butter with salt (pinch) till soft, approx. 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broccoli to broth and cook till done, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Blend soup with hand blender.
- Add remaining 2 cups broccoli to soup and cook till done, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Salt and pepper to tasted.
- Fresh asparagus, potatoes or thawed frozen peas can also be used