Cream of Asparagus Soup
Cream of Asparagus, Broccoli or Pea Soup
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ lbs asparagus:
- Cut into ¼’’ pieces
- Separate the bottom half from the top half of spears
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook onion in butter with salt (pinch) till soft, approx. 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bottom half of asparagus spears to broth and cook till done, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Blend soup with hand blender.
- Add top half of asparagus spears to soup and cook till done, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Salt and pepper to tasted.
- Fresh broccoli or thawed frozen peas can also be used