- ½ cup cooked mashed zucchini
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup shortening (butter or oil)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup scalded (warm ) milk
- ½ tbsp yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- Grated cheese (amount will vary depending on taste)
- Soft butter
- Combine zucchini, sugar, salt, shortening and milk. Heat to warm (ex: in microwave for a minute or so).
- Add yeast and water.
- Add flour to make soft dough.
- Rise to double.
- Knead and roll out with rolling pin.
- Spread soft butter over entire surface.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll all jelly-roll style. Cut into 8 equal portions.
- Place on parchment and let rise again.
- Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes at 375˚