- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half, seeded
- 1 habanero pepper, cut in half, seeded
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or other
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place jalapenos, habanero, cherry tomatoes and onion on cookie sheet. Cover with olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Broil jalapenos, habanero, cherry tomatoes and onion for approximately 10-15 minutes. Turn tomatoes part way. Watch closely while broiling so nothing burns.
- Place in plastic bag to rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove from bag and take skin off peppers and tomatoes.
- Let cool then coarsely chop peppers and onion.
- Place above and all remaining ingredients in food processor.
- Pulse until mostly blended, but still chunky.
- Broiling vegetables is key for enhanced flavor.
- This salsa can be somewhat liquidy, therefore scoop chips are best.