- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven 350°, grease 9x5x3” bread pan.
- Cream butter & salt till light and fluffy then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together then stir in whole wheat flour.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in mashed bananas, vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean – cool in pan for 10 minutes then rack.
- These can be made into muffins (cooking time will be approx. 25 minutes).